What you need:
• Tissue Box
• Foam Sheet, grey
• Chenille Stem, black
• 2 Jiggly Eyes
• Construction Paper - red, grey or black
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required for use of a glue gun)
1. Open one end of the tissue box and remove the tissue. Leave this end open so you can refill the box with tissue later.
2. Measure and cut out construction paper pieces to cover all sides of the tissue box except for the front panel. Glue onto the box and let dry.
3. For the front panel, draw a template onto paper, the size of the front of the box. Add eyes and a hole for the mouth to your drawing. Cut out the template and trace onto the foam. Cut out the piece, glue onto the front of the box and let dry.
4. Using the red construction paper, trace and cut out the lips. Glue onto the front of the face and let dry.
5. Cut out the accent pieces - hair, ears, inside of the ears, and teeth out of the construction paper. Glue them onto the box and let dry.
6. Glue on the jiggly eyes and a chenille tail to decorate your character and let dry.
7. Put the tissue back into the box and feed the top tissue through the opening.