Dad's Tie/Bookmark Card
What you need:
• Elmer’s Construction Paper – Blue, Black
• Foam Sheets – Blue
• Foam stickers – Elmer's Glow in the Dark Stars
• Magnets – Roll or strips
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required for use of a glue gun)
Instructions for Card:
1. Fold a 25cm x 18cm piece of Blue Construction Paper in half to create the card.
2. Cut a second piece of black Construction Paper 25cm x 9cm, fold in half and glue to the bottom half of the card.
3. On the front, at the top and in the centre of the Blue Construction Paper card make a 3cm cut.
4. At the 3cm cut fold back both sides to create the collar and set aside.
Instructions for removable Tie Bookmark:
5. On a piece of paper, draw and cut out your tie shape. Trace the pattern onto a Blue Foam Sheet and cut out.
6. Measure and cut 2 small pieces of magnets (approximately 2.5cm) that will fit onto the back, top of the tie. Take the 2 magnetic pieces and glue them onto a cut out piece of construction paper (approximately 7cm x 2cm). Leave a space between the 2 magnets, about 2cm – this is where the paper will fold. Make sure the magnetic side is facing up so when you fold the paper, the two magnets will stick together. Glue one side to the back of the tie and let dry.
7. Decorate the front of the tie with Glow in the Dark Foam Stars.
8. Place the tie onto the front of the card, using the magnets to hold in place.